Fall Events in West Michigan
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash.com
Autumn is such a great season here in West Michigan. You can visit a multitude of festivals, take a fall color tour to view the spectacular oranges, reds and yellows that take over the landscape, and just enjoy the cool, crisp air. Halloween is not just for kids….our local communities sponsor various parties and events that are fun for the entire family.
For more information on Trick or Treat dates and locations, read our Halloween story.
Many Halloween events were canceled or modified in 2020 due to health concerns relating to the Covid-19 virus. Check back here often for the most updated information on 2021 events.
Local Corn Mazes & Pumpkin Patches:
8400 N. US 31, Free Soil. (231) 464-5534. Wagon rides, corn maze, u-pick pumpkin patch, apple cannons, and more. 11am-5pm Saturdays and Sundays from September 28th-October 27th. Visit OrchardMarket.us for more information.
Fun Fall Events Currently Scheduled
- Now through October 31st – Sloan’s Halloween Display at 5789 N. US-31 in Free Soil. Come browse and take pics at this annual free display. Pumpkins for sale: large- $7, medium- $4, small- $1.
- September 24th-25th – Octoberfest Craft Beer & Music Festival in downtown Ludington
- October 1st-3rd – Halloween Weekend for campers at Ponchos Pond- 5335 W. Wallace Rd. in Ludington. The event includes trick-or-treating, a site decorating contest, kids’ pumpkin carving, costume contest and more. Visit poncho.com to reserve your campsite.
- October 1st-3rd – Halloween at the Station for campers at Vacation Station RV Resort- 5061 W. US 10 in Ludington. The event includes spooky train rides, pumpkin decorating, trick-or-treating, and a site decorating contest. Visit vacationstationrvresort.com to reserve your campsite.
- Tuesday, October 5th – Halloween Hayride, Costume Contest and Potluck Dinner at Circle Rocking “S” Children’s Farm 5487 Tuttle Rd. in Free Soil. Bring treats, a dish to pass, and your own beverages and table service. Must RSVP to (231) 462-3732
- October 8th-10th – Halloween Weekend for campers at Ponchos Pond- 5335 W. Wallace Rd. in Ludington. The event includes trick-or-treating, a site decorating contest, kids’ pumpkin carving, costume contest and more. Visit poncho.com to reserve your campsite.
- October 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th, & 30th, 7:30-11:30pm – Camp Sauble Cages of Carnage Haunted Prison– 4058 E. Free Soil Rd. in Free Soil. $10/person entry fee benefits local fire departments. Handicapped accessible and with 2 trails to follow. Not recommended for small children.
- October 22nd, 23rd, 29th, 30th from 7-10pm AND October 31st from 6-9pm – Harvey’s Haunted Garage– 320 S. Madison Ave. in Custer. Haunted maze, family friendly, and free for all. Donations accepted.
- Saturday, October 23rd, 5pm – Soup-er Smokin’ Weekend for campers at Henry’s Landing Campground- 701 S. Scottville Rd. in Scottville. Judges will decide who makes the best soup and who smokes the best meat. There will also be a cornhole tournament. Visit henryslanding.com to reserve your campsite. Event is Covid dependent.
- Saturday, October 23rd, 7pm – Halloween Party. Door’s open at 7pm, live entertainment by Onager 8-12pm. Costume Contest with prizes for the top three costumes. $15 admission and B.Y.O.B.Whiskey Creek Campground & Resort- 5080 Sippy Rd., Custer.
- Saturday, October 30th, 9am – Run for Your Lives 5k & Half Marathon in Downtown Ludington. Visit downtownludington.org for more information.
- Saturday, September 25th, 5pm – Sam Adams Steinfest at Golden Sands Golf & Bucket Bar- 2501 Wilson Rd. in Silver Lake. Keg Rolling/Throwing, Stein Hoisting, and more!
- Each Saturday in October – Haunted Acres– 7970 W. Park Rd. in New Era. Corn maze and zombie shooting gallery. Three attractions: Field of Screams, Corn Maze Craze, and Vertigo. $20 to enter. Fresh cider, food, and merchandise available for purchase. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Free parking.
- October 9th-10th – Oktoberfest in Downtown Pentwater. Bingo, Comedy Night, Kids Activities, Entertainment Tent, and more.
- Saturday, October 16th, 7:30-10:30pm – Haunted Forest to benefit Connexion Point, Inc. $5/person, under 3 free. Not recommended for small children. Drive through. Cartier Park- 1254 N. Lakeshore Dr. in Ludington.
- Saturday, October 30th, 12-2pm – Spooktacular in downtown Pentwater. Event includes costume contest, scavenger hunt, and goody bags. Visit pentwater.org for more information.
- Each Friday & Saturday in October, 7:30-10:30pm – Manistee’s Ghost Ship on the S.S. City of Milwaukee historic carferry. This is a truly thrilling and scary adventure. Travel through five decks and 72 stairs, some quite steep. Limited capacity for 2020, face covers and temperature screenings required for entry. For more information, visit ManisteeGhostShip.com or call (231) 723-3587. Located at 99 Arthur Street (US 31).
Fun Fall Events That Typically Take Place
- Harvest Hootenanny for campers at Kibby Creek Campground- 4900 W. Deren Rd. in Ludington. The event includes cider, donuts, hayrides, magic pumpkin planting, tie dye trick-or-treat bags, trick-or-treating, and a spooky nature walk Saturday night! Visit kibbycreek.com to reserve your campsite.
- Dolloween Show at Barley & Rye- 107 W. Ludington Ave. Artist Laurie Carey displays her unique and spooky doll creations
- Pumpkin Palooza at both the Ludington Library- 217 E. Ludington Ave. and the Scottville Library- 204 E. State St.
- Mason County Mutts Halloween Spooktacular at Medilodge of Ludington- 1000 E. Tinkham Ave. Bring your pets dressed in costume. Costume contest and lots of prizes.
- Friends of the Ludington State Park Fall Celebration at Ludington State Park Beach House. The event includes a horse-drawn wagon ride, doughnut holes, apple juice, music by The Road Less Traveled, a beach campfire and the beautiful views at the Lake Michigan Beach House. The event is sponsored by Friends of Ludington State Park in conjunction with Ludington State Park and Soberalski Farm’s Draft Horses of Pere Marquette Township. There is no cost to attend with the Michigan Recreation Passport but donations to and membership with the Friends of the Ludington State Park are encouraged.
- Fall Fest Weekend at Mason County Reformed Church- 45 S. Amber Rd. in Ludington. Admission is free and open to the public. Live music, chili cookoff, Pig Roast and family fun!
- Halloween Hustle 1-Mile Race beginning at the Cartier Park Gazebo- 1254 N. Lakeshore Dr. in Ludington. 1 Mile Fun Run for students in Grades K-5 at Cartier Park. Runners will begin and end at the gazebo. Drivers must enter from Lakeshore Drive.
- Boy Scout Troop 1190 Haunted House at the Community Church- 109 N. Harrison in Ludington.
- Ludrock’s Night of Fright at Ludington Area Center for the Arts- 107 S. Harrison St, Ludington.
- Spooky Slow Roll– Night-time bicycle ride, which makes its way around town for about 5 miles. Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes, and others will be raffled, to those who are brave enough to ride. Expect surprises.
- Halloween Charity Event at Photography by Sue Brown- 1676 W. Hansen Road, Scottville. Free photo with donation to United Way of Mason County
- Shadows in the Shedd at 265 E. Tyler Rd. in Hart. $10 per person or $25 per carload.
- Pentwater Fire Department Open House– 486 E. Park St. Free donuts and cider.
- Halloween Movies at The Vogue Theatre- 383 River St., Manistee. Favorite Halloween movies for just $5. Visit voguetheatremanistee.org for more information and schedule.
- Halloween Party at the Manistee Elks Lodge- 432 River St. in Manistee. Live music by Junk Monkey from 7:30-11:30pm and costume contest with first, second and third place winners. $15 cover charge includes sliders, chili, and chips. Contact the Manistee Elks at (231) 723-2060 for more information.
- Onekama Fall Festival in Onekama Village Park. Craft and food vendors, inflatables, kids activities, fun run, pet parade, and more! Visit onekama.info for more information.
- Boos, Brews, & Brats at the Manistee Elks Lodge- 432 River St. Costume contests for children and adults, music by Sunset Groove, homemade brats and delicous beer. Also featuring special movie showing at the Vogue Theatre