Boos, Brews, & Brats
Photo by Bee Felten Leidel on Unsplash.com
October 30th, 2021
Manistee’s annual Boos, Brews and Brats had traditionally been organized by the Manistee Downtown Development Authority but in 2018, the DDA decided the festival would be too difficult to plan along with the other events and tasks that they’ve yet to complete.
The Manistee Elks decided to take over the event and held it in conjunction with the clubs annual community Halloween Party. All events are held at the Manistee Elks Lodge- 432 River St., unless otherwise noted.
Here’s the Schedule of Events for 2021:
- 12-2pm – Trick-or-Treat starts at Port City Emporium, where the first 150 kids will get a full sized Trick-or-Treat bag. Other businesses on River Street, Maple Street, and Division Street will be handing out candy. A flyer with a list of participating businesses will be available.
- 2-3:30pm – Free kids games and children’s costume contest, and hotdogs, chips, and a drink for the first 150 kids.
- 2-8:30pm – Silent auction to benefit the Elks National Fund- Michigan. The Michigan State game will be shown.
- 4-6pm – Stomp Out Cancer Corn Hole Fundraiser on the patio. $20 per person to sign up. Cash bar for this event will be open in the Elks lower bar from 3pm-6pm.
- *6-7pm – Intermission. The Elks will open the main level to the public for beer from local breweries and brats provided by Family Fare.
- 7:30-11:30pm – Halloween Party featuring live music by Junk Money
- 10pm – Adult costume contest
*The event is ticketed from the point forward. Advance tickets are available for $15 in advance (cash only) and include a pint glass and 6 drink tickets. Tickets are $20 at the door. Tickets are available at the following downtown businesses:
- Port City Emporium
- Manistee Beverage