Trick or Treat & Halloween Parties in West Michigan
Photo by Antonio Gabola on Unsplash.com
The skies are heavy with ominous clouds…biting cold air envelops our bodies…and the trees are ablaze with color. It’s late October-time for pumpkins, ghouls, and witches to come out and scare innocent souls, in search for a treat.
Of course, we’re talking about Halloween, that most frightening time of year. West Michigan is not only beautiful in October, but there are plenty of annual events to satisfy the timid…and those that dare to be scared!
Many Halloween events were canceled or modified in 2020 due to health concerns relating to the Covid-19 virus. Check back here often for the most updated information on 2021 events.
West Michigan Communities that Traditionally Host Trick-or-Treating
- Downtown Ludington Merchants – October 30th from 2-4pm
- City of Ludington – October 31st from 6-8pm
- Scottville – October 31st, 6-8pm
- Custer – October 31st, 6-8pm
- Downtown Pentwater Merchants – October 30th, 12-2pm
- Village of Pentwater – October 31st from 6-8pm
- Hart – TBA
- Downtown Manistee – TBA
- Manistee – TBA
- Shelby – TBA
In addition to Trick-or-Treating, check out the other fun fall events that are usually scheduled around the area.
West Michigan Trick-or-Treat Events and Halloween Parties Currently Scheduled
- Saturday, October 16th, 3pm – Haunted Village Trick or Treat at Historic White Pine Village– 1687 S. Lakeshore Dr. in Ludington.
- Saturday, October 30th, 2-4pm – Downtown Ludington Trick or Treating- Local merchants open their doors for children to trick or treat.
- Saturday, October 30th & Sunday, October 31st, 6-8pm – Trunk or Treat at Custer VFW Post 5096- 2022 State St. in Custer. Costumes and vehicle decorating. Prize for 1st place decorated vehicle.
- Saturday, October 30th, 12-2pm – Spooktacular in Downtown Pentwater. Costume contest, scavenger hunt, and candy bags. Trick-or-Treating to downtown merchants.
Trick-or-Treat Events and Halloween Parties That Typically Take Place
- Trunk or Treat at St. Paul United Methodist Church- 3212 W. Kinney Rd. in Ludington.
- Trunk or Treat at Our Savior Lutheran Church- 765 W. US 10 in Scottville.
- Trunk or Treat at Calvary Baptist Church- 220 N. Jebavy Dr. in Ludington.
- Fall Festival at Ludington United Methodist Church Pavilion – 5810 Bryant Rd. Hot dog supper, Bounce House, Hay Rides, Face Painting, Cookie Decorating, Donut Dangle, Pumpkin Painting, Lawn Games, Pumpkin Bowling, Music, Bonfire, and Make your own S’mores.
- Downtown Trick or Treat After Party at the Ludington Library- 217 E. Ludington Ave. Event includes crafts and games. Free and open to the public. Children under age 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Trick or Treat at Medilodge of Ludington- 1000 E. Tinkham Ave.
- Pumpkins in the Parking Lot at St. John’s Lutheran Church- 209 N. Rowe St. in Ludington. Treats, snacks, and music provided.
- Trick or Treating at Oakview Medical Care Facility– 1001 Diana St. in Ludington.
- Trunk or Treat at First Baptist Church- 3258 N. 72nd Ave. in Hart
- Trunk or Treat
at Onekama School- 5016 Main St. in Onekama.
- Trunk or Treat at Dickson Township Park- 14270 Brethren Blvd. in Brethren. Sponsored by the Brethren Boosters Club.
- Trunk or Treat at Johnson Field Ball Diamond in East Lake.
- Trunk or Treat at the First Church of Wellston- 1466 Pine St. in Wellston.
- Trunk or Treat at Hopkins Park- 7727 Hopkins Dr. in Bear Lake.
- Trunk or Treat at the Copemish Family Market- 18541 Cadillac Hwy in Copemish.
- Trunk or Treat at Faith Covenant Church- 475 8th St. in Manistee. Decorated Trunks, candy, hay rides, games, snacks, face painting, and free fun inside and out.
- Trick or Treating at Green Acres of Manistee- 1835 12th St.
- Trunk or Treat at Bear Lake Lions Den- 7748 Lake St. in Bear Lake.
- Trunk or Treat at the Filer Township Fire Department- 2706 Nelson St. in Manistee.