Pentwater Homecoming Celebration
Photo by Pentwater Homecoming Celebration
August 12th-15th, 2021
Homecoming Weekend is the most popular event all summer in Pentwater. Those that call Pentwater home, or others that previously resided here, enjoy all the festivities that celebrate the wonder of Pentwater. Visitors come and fall in love with the town. Throughout the weekend, activities include a sand castle contest, strawberry shortcake sale, golf scramble, softball tournament, concert featuring the Scottville Clown Band and MSU tailgate party.
It’s an annual event that everyone looks forward to… don’t miss the festivities during Pentwater Homecoming. This year’s event sponsors are Shelby State Bank and Gale’s Agency.
- 8am-12pm- Sand Sculpture Contest at Charles Mears State Park, sponsored by the Pentwater Service Club (Judging at 11am, Theme: Life is Better at the Lake)
- 1pm- Mason/Oceana County MSU Alumni Golf Outing at Lakeside Links Golf Club
- 1pm- Storytelling by Storybook Village
- 8:30pm- Sunset Glow Yoga with Kalon Arts & Yoga Company at Charles Mears State Park ($15/person, bring towel/water)
- 12pm- Pentwater Yacht Club Ensign Race, sponsored by the Mason/Oceana MSU Alumni Association (weather permitting)
- 1pm- Horseshoe Tournaments at Art Audrey Memorial Horseshoe Pits at Fire Barn, sponsored by Direct Advertising Company (Contact Dennis Veine at (231) 869-4169 for more info)
- 2pm- Registration and Lineup for Grand Parade at Pentwater Public Schools (Judging at 3:30pm, Contact the Pentwater Chamber of Commerce at (231) 869-4150 for more info)
- 4pm- Grand Parade sponsored by Cosmic Candy, Grand Marshal: Claudia Ressel-Hodan
- Dusk- Fireworks over Lake Michigan at Charles Mears State Park
- Dusk- Live Music at the Village Pub
- 8am-12pm- VFW Pancake Breakfast at Pentwater VFW Hall
- 9am- Worship Service at St. James Episcopal Church
- 9am AND 10:30am- Worship Service at First Baptist Church
- 9:30am- Worship Service on the Village Green with Centenary United Methodist Church
- 10:30am- Worship Service at St. Vincent’s Catholic Church
- 6pm- Jazz at Gull Landing
- 7pm- Movies on the Green featuring Mama Mia!
While in Pentwater…
Pentwater is one of the most charming villages in Michigan, and friendly merchants are happy to welcome you into their shops. Here you’ll find a wonderful variety of gift ideas for you or someone special. You can spend hours browsing these shops, or the numerous art galleries throughout town. Take a break and enjoy lunch or dinner at one of Pentwater’s restaurants. Some offer outside dining that overlooks Pentwater Lake. Or treat yourself to an ice cream cone and sit in the Village Green- sun or shade, there’s a place for you!