Manistee Forest Festival
Photo by Manistee National Forest Festival
The Manistee Forest Festival began as a way to celebrate and honor the Manistee National Forest, which encompasses over 480,000 acres. This is truly a “don’t-miss” event for the entire family, and a great venue for making some wonderful summer memories.
The annual Manistee National Forest Festival promises fun for the entire family. It’s one of the largest 4th of July celebrations in the state, presented by the Manistee Chamber of Commerce since 1936.
Here’s a List of Events that Take Place During the Fair:
Events take place at Douglas Park/First Street Beach- 100 S. Lakeshore Dr., Manistee, unless otherwise noted.
- Totally Awesome! 1980’s Pop Culture in Manistee at the Manistee County Historical Museum- 425 River St., Manistee
- Festival Marketplace
- Timber Art
- Whispering Pines Mobile Zoo
- Kick-Off Party at Wagoner Community Center- 260 St. Mary’s Parkway, Manistee
- Anderson Midway Carnival
- Forest Festival Food Court
- Middle School Dance- at Armory Youth Project- 555 First St., Manistee
- Live Music
- Forest Festival Golf Outing at Manistee National Golf & Resort- 4797 Grant Hwy, Manistee
- Outdoor Book Sale behind the Manistee Library- 95 Maple St., Manistee
- Manistee Firecracker 5k Run/Walk at Manistee Middle/High School- 525 12th St., Manistee
- Family Day at Lighthouse Park- Cherry Rd., Manistee
- Little Big Shots Talent Show at the Lions Pavilion
- Jaycees Beach Jam at First Street Beach
- Independence Day Flag Raising Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park- 117 Memorial Dr., Manistee
- Fireworks over Lake Michigan at First Street Beach
- Scottville Clown Band Concert sponsored at Lions Pavilion
Events are listed according to the information available at the time of the most recent update to this event. Check back for more updated information.