Manistee Forest Festival
Photo by Manistee National Forest Festival
The Manistee Forest Festival began as a way to celebrate and honor the Manistee National Forest, which encompasses over 480,000 acres. This is truly a “don’t-miss” event for the entire family, and a great venue for making some wonderful summer memories.
The annual Manistee National Forest Festival promises fun for the entire family. It’s one of the largest 4th of July celebrations in the state, presented by the Manistee Chamber of Commerce since 1936.
Here’s the Schedule of Events from the 2021 Fair:
Events take place at Douglas Park/First Street Beach- 100 S. Lakeshore Dr., Manistee, unless otherwise noted.
- Totally Awesome! 1980’s Pop Culture in Manistee- 10am-5pm at the Manistee County Historical Museum- 425 River St., Manistee
- Festival Marketplace- 12pm-Dusk
- Timber Art- 10am-Dusk
- Whispering Pines Mobile Zoo- 10am-Dusk
- Kick-Off Party- 11am-3pm at Wagoner Community Center- 260 St. Mary’s Parkway, Manistee
- Anderson Midway Carnival- 12pm- Dusk
- Forest Festival Food Court- 12pm-Dusk
- Middle School Dance- 6-9pm at Armory Youth Project- 555 First St., Manistee
- Cousin Curtiss in Concert- 6-9pm at the Wagoner Community Center
- Forest Festival Golf Outing sponsored by Little River Casino Resort- 8am-12pm at Manistee National Golf & Resort- 4797 Grant Hwy, Manistee
- Outdoor Book Sale- 10am-4pm behind the Manistee Library- 95 Maple St., Manistee
- Manistee Firecracker 5k Run/Walk- 8:15am at Manistee Middle/High School-525 12th St., Manistee. Register at manisteechamber.com.
- Outdoor Book Sale- 9am-3pm behind the Manistee Library- 95 Maple St., Manistee
- Family Day- 10am-2pm at Lighthouse Park- Cherry Rd., Manistee
- COVID Vaccine Pop-Up Clinic- 12:30-2:30pm in Douglas Park parking lot
- Little Big Shots Talent Show- 1-3pm at the Lions Pavilion
- Celebrating 120 Years at Manistee Golf & Country Club- 5-8pm, 500 Cherry Rd., Manistee
- Jaycees Beach Jam- 7-10pm, First Street Beach
- Independence Day Flag Raising Ceremony- 10am at Veterans Memorial Park- 117 Memorial Dr., Manistee
- Special Sunset & Fireworks Cruise aboard The Princess of Ludington- 8:30-10:30pm at Riverwalk/City Marina- 480 River St., Manistee. Book at manisteeharbortours.com.
- Fireworks over Lake Michigan sponsored by Little River Casino Resort- Approximately 10pm at First Street Beach
Events are listed according to the information available at the time of the most recent update to this event. Check back for more updated information.