Photo by Denisse Leon on Unsplash.com
Easter Events in West Michigan
Springtime means Easter, and there are lots of Easter events in Ludington, Scottville, Manistee, Pentwater, and the surrounding areas that give kids a chance to celebrate!
Non-profit organizations and businesses provide children with fun, wholesome, indoor and outdoor Easter activities to help beat the blahs of the winter to spring transition. From visits with the Easter bunny to an egg scramble on roller skates, there’s lots of fun activities for kids of all ages!
Many Easter events were canceled or modified in 2021 due to health concerns relating to the Covid-19 virus. Check back here often for the most updated information on 2022 events.
Easter Events that Typically Take Place
Ludington & Scottville
- Easter Egg Hunt – Cornerstone Baptist Church- 121 Nelson Rd. in Ludington. 4,000 eggs will be hidden from children in 2nd-5th grades with two hunting groups.
- Easter Breakfast & Service – Prayer & Praise Assembly of God- 509 N. Staffon St. in Ludington. Breakfast from 9-9:45am with service to follow at 10am.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Shagway Arts Barn- 5949 Shagway Rd. in Ludington. The first 50 children will be admitted free, then there is a $5 per child or $15 per family entry fee.
- Easter for Kids – Redeemer Lutheran Church- 509 N. Main St. in Scottville. All children are welcome and the event includes an Easter devotion, egg-coloring, craft, cookie decorating, and egg hunt.
- Easter Eggstravaganza – St. John’s Lutheran Church- 209 N. Rowe in Ludington. The event includes a FREE Egg hunt, candy, snacks, bubble pool, and music.
- Easter breakfast served by the youth group at Our Savior Lutheran Church- 765 US 10 in Scottville.
- Easter Egg Scramble at Johnny’s Skate Center, 2276 US 10 in Custer. Free admission. For kids age 10 and younger. Thousands of eggs filled with prizes.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Custer VFW Gold Bar Post #5096- 2022 State St. in Custer. Free and open to children age 1-12. Crafts, prizes, and pictures with the Easter Bunny!
- Annual Easter on the Green – Village Green- 327 S. Hancock St., Pentwater. Sponsored by The Antler Bar and the Pentwater Chamber of Commerce. Easter Bunny, egg hunt, bonnet parade and contest, musical chairs, face painting and games.
- Easter Egg Hunt – Oceana County Fairgrounds, Hart. The event is sponsored by the Silver Lake Sand Dunes Chamber of Commerce and will feature 10,000 eggs. The Easter Bunny will be in attendance and weather permitting, Lewis Adventure Farm and Zoo will offer a candy cannon. The Country Dairy cow mascot will also be on hand. Arrive and start lining up 11:30am. There will be three three age categories: ages 0-3, ages 4-8, and ages 8-12. Parents must accompany children ages 0-8 but only one parent per child.
- Community Easter Egg Hunt – Trinity Lutheran Church- 5631 W. Stony Lake Dr. in New Era. Activities, egg hunt, and free lunch. Open the public.
Fountain & Free Soil
- Special Needs Easter Egg Hunt & Bonnet Contest – Circle Rocking S Children’s Farm. The event is free to people of all ages with special needs. Participants should bring their own Easter bonnets and baskets. Reservations required.
- Easter Egg Hunt Celebration – Manistee United Methodist Church- 387 1st St., Manistee.
- Manistee Jaycees Easter Egg Giveaway – Veterans Memorial Park- 117 Memorial Dr., Manistee. Drive-through style.