Photo by Chris Holder on Unsplash.com
Camping Along the Pere Marquette River
There are over 2,200 private campsites which are dispersed through the watershed. Other outdoor recreational facilities provided by private sources include golf courses, horseback riding and skiing activities.
Campground Camping within the PM River Corridor:
- Bowman Lake Campground (walk-in campground)
- Bowman Bridge Campground (also RV camping here for a fee)
- Claybanks Campground (also RV camping here for a fee)
- Elk Canoe Campground
- Gleason’s Landing Campground (camping fee required; no RVs)
- Logmark Rest Stop
- Sulak Campground (also RV camping here for a fee)
- Whelan Lake Area
Group Camping along PM River
- Bowman Bridge Campground (requires reservation from mid-May to mid-September)
- Gleason’s Landing Campground
Dispersed Camping along the PM River
There is no camping along the Pere Marquette River within 1/4 miles of the river, or outside of designated campgrounds on the National Forest.
There is no permit to camp in National Forests or designated campgrounds. Some do require a reservation and/or camping fee.
For more information, contact the Baldwin White Cloud Ranger District at (231) 745-4631.